What's new

Please help with translation (Japanese)! (1 Viewer)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Could one of our multi-lingual HTF members give me a hand and please translate the following Kanji into English? I'd also like to have it spelled out in romaji.
Link Removed
I took Japanese in college but I'm way out of practice. I think it means "spring thunder" but I need confirmation/correction on that and I have no idea how to pronounce it.

HienN

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Hien
Sorry. I tried, even took out my trusted Nelson dictionary but couldn't decipher it. I'll ask someone at work next week. Where did you see the characters, and in what context? Next time, ask something easy like a i u e o. ;)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Thanks for trying. I appreciate it. It's the name of a song.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Yeah thats about right... its also chinese too :p)
I knew the first one word was spring, but the second i wasnt too sure.. i knew it had something to do with rain... :D

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Nick, that's because every time the Japanese invaded China they took some characters back with them :laugh:
Seriously, if you can read either language, you can at least get the gist in the other

Don_Houle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
I found this listed in an on-line Japanese dictionary site. Not sure of the usage for this particular compound, but it's pronounced 'shunrai'.

If your browser is set up with Japanese encoding, you can see the kanji and hiragana:

t—‹ ‚µ‚ã‚ñ‚ç‚¢

HienN

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Hien
Sorry it took me so long. Like Don_Houle said, it is pronounced "shunrai". Literally it means "spring thunder", and it means something like the first thunder of spring or the first thunder of the rainy season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks