What's new

Please help with some SACD information... (1 Viewer)

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Excuse my ignorance, but I have been away from the music board for a while while my Sony 555ES was in the shop for some needed repairs (stopped playing SACDs!!!:angry: ).

Anyway, I stopped keeping up on SACD news thinking I would be without my player for quite some time, but I got it back in less than a month...very surprised there.

Anyway, I have done a search and it has come up pretty fruitless. I was wondering if you guys had any info on some of these SACD releases...

Nickle Creek - Has Sugar Hill released their new one on SACD? I couldn't find any info on their website.

Norah Jones - When is her album coming to SACD? I have been waiting for this one for a while.

Police and Peter Gabriel - I heard both were pushed back for various reasons. What are the release dates for these albums?

Motley Crue - Is the rumor that the entire Motley Crue discography is coming to SACD? When?

Anyone heard any info on the coming of the Alison Krauss and Union Station Live SACD and the associated sonics of that release? I assume like all Rounder releases they will be top notch.

Thanks for all the info...I know that's a ton of stuff there.

Michael_T

Second Unit
Evan said:
"Nickle Creek - Has Sugar Hill released their new one on SACD? I couldn't find any info on their website.

Norah Jones - When is her album coming to SACD? I have been waiting for this one for a while.

Police and Peter Gabriel - I heard both were pushed back for various reasons. What are the release dates for these albums?

Motley Crue - Is the rumor that the entire Motley Crue discography is coming to SACD? When?

Anyone heard any info on the coming of the Alison Krauss and Union Station Live SACD and the associated sonics of that release? I assume like all Rounder releases they will be top notch.
Evan,
I haven't heard any information on the Sugar Hill SACD releases other than the fact they are listed in Sony's catalog - so your guess is as good as mine.

The Police - all SACD are due on March 4. This appears to be a firm date.

Peter Gabriel - No new firm dates yet - but they are coming. Hopefully sooner than later.

Motley Crue - a new one to me. Maybe someone else has some info.

Alison Krauss Live - due on March 18th. This also appears to be a firm date. I haven't heard this disc yet since I am specifically waiting for the SACD. But as you stated, it should sound more than acceptable since most Rounder SACDs have been pretty good.

Emil Stoica

Second Unit
Motley Crue - It was a mistake on the musictap site. No SACD currently planned

Peter Gabriel - Currently scheduled for 4/15

Norah Jones - Currently scheduled for 4/22

Nickel Creek - No firm date yet

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys...much appreciated. Seems like the wait for that Norah Jones is interminable!

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Just to expand a bit.

Motley Crue's greatest hits is supposed to be coming out on DVD-A. No release date scheduled

Police are coming next month (3/4) on SACD (check out circuit city, 12.99 pre-orders with free shipping).

J

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks