What's new

Please help with Shiva project !! (1 Viewer)

Matt D K

Stunt Coordinator
Well I've decided on the Shiva MKIII with the PE 250w amp. Ijust cannot decide on an enclosure. I would luv to keep it as small as possible, but am willing to forgo the small size for the ultimate output. Am undecided about sealed or vented as well. It will be mostly used for home theater, but want it to sound good for music as well, mostly jazz, classic rock. My main speakers are Polk LSi 15's. My room is about 15' x 16' with no rear wall (opens to kitchen). It has 10' ceilings that are vaulted to about 15'. Thanks for any and all help.
ps I have extensive woodworking skills, so am willing to consider all options.

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
To get the most out of a Shiva, especially with that amount of room volume, better try an EBS design. You can get all the info from Adire's site. If you want to crank it up now and then, you may need more than the single Shiva, tho.

Pete

zane

Stunt Coordinator
have you thought of spending another $30 and going with a tempest in a sealed enclosure which would be good for music an HT

zane

Stunt Coordinator
go to www.adireaudio.com and check out the tempest page, toward the bottom you'll see a link for sealed enclosure designs, I just completed the midQ design but I'm waiting for my amp and sub to arive, I think a sealed enclosure would suit a music preference better than a vented enclosure and it'd be good for HT also, the reason I suggest the tempest is it has a higher output for only about $30 more than the shiva

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks