Please help with ONKYO HT-R520 issue!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by DarianK, Apr 30, 2005.

1. DarianK

DarianK Auditioning

Hi guys! I am in desperate need of help. I have a 6 month old (to me, I bought it new) ONKYO HT-R520 6.1 receiver that has been awesome since I bought it. The other day, I shut it off the way I always do, and thought nothing of it.

Later that night, I turned everything on, and all it would say on the LCD was V2. I can not get any sound out of it at all. I've checked and rewired everything, I've unplugged it over night, and I reset it to defaults per the instructions in the manual.

I don't have the money for repairs, let alone to replace it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. [​IMG]

2. Ed Moxley

Ed Moxley Cinematographer

Ed
    If it's only six months old, it should be fixed, or preferrably, replaced with a new one!
    Good luck!

Did you contact Onkyo? It may be something simple............
    Manual will usually list the error messages that pop up, and tell what they mean.

3. DarianK

DarianK Auditioning

I didn't see a customer service number for the states. I never get an error, per se, it just never gets to a point where it will let sound through. I need to find my receipt so I can take it in for repairs.

4. Ed Moxley

Ed Moxley Cinematographer

Ed
    You said it had "V2" ................
    That's an error code, isn't it?

5. DarianK

DarianK Auditioning

No, it has V1 (video 1) V2 (video 2) and V3 (video 3). Min needs to be on V2. Usually, when it functions properly, it will say V2 Plexi Multi Movie or something similar. Now it just says V2. V1 and V3 are teh same, as is DVD and the tuner.