Please Help with hooking up Amp to Sony Receiver

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Nick Jablome, Jan 13, 2004.

1. Nick Jablome

Nick Jablome Agent

As i said in a previous thread, i have a Audiosource Amp One/A, and now a recently acquired Sony STR-DE895 receiver.

This is what the back of the receiver looks like

im2.onecall.com/Image_Products/sony/STRDE895rear.jpg

When i plug my 2 front speakers up to the amp, where do i plug the "line outs" into my receiver?

2. aaron campbell

aaron campbell Second Unit

Hey Nick, I don't see any pre amp outputs on your receiver which you need to hook that amp up.

Aaron

3. Nick Jablome

Nick Jablome Agent

Theres a sub pre amp, but thats about it, i was told before on the board that there is a way to hook it up, but i cant figure it out, and it doesnt say anything in the manual about hooking amp's

4. Grant B

Grant B Producer

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Doh. I think I told you that you could use the external amp, but looking at that image, you do not have preamp outputs (I mistook one of the two sets of INPUTS for an output). In that case, you will probably be better off selling this amp or getting a better receiver that has preamp outs.

6. John S

John S Producer

Consider saving it, if you ever want to do a DIY sub, this makes an awesome amp for that in bridged mode.

7. Nick Jablome

Nick Jablome Agent

Thanks for everyones responses. Though, considering my lack of time or money to either build a DIY sub or actually want to build one, or find another use for this amp which there isn't for me, i am willing to sell it for a very good price if anyone is interested.

8. Jason GT

Jason GT Second Unit

Try looking for a car audio accessory:

A speaker-level to line-level converter. You may not get optimal sound quality but you'll be able to use your separate power amp, and you can use it later should you wish to upgrade the AVR.