Please help with ceiling mount height

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jim Mcc, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    I am trying to decide on my first proj. purchase, bit I need help with a couple questions first. My finished ceiling height is only 6'8" tall. I want to wall mount a 16:9 screen all the way up to ceiling if possible. I don't want underside of proj. to be below 6'height, do I need a proj. with lens shift to make this work? I don't want to use keystone correction. That leaves me 8" from ceiling to underside of projector, will it work? I sure could use your advice. Thanks.

2. Ramon A

Ramon A Agent

if you contact tech support for what ever projector your looking at, they will tell tou exactly at what hight and distance you will need. to project the screen size you want.

3. Jonty Rees

Jonty Rees Stunt Coordinator

I have a similar question, but with a taller-than-usual ceiling. Mine is about 1ft above normal, (making it 9ft?), and I'm wondering how a ceiling mounted projector handles pointing down at the screen? Are there some calibrations in there somewhere that allow it to focus the entire top-to-bottom of the screen and project a square as a square instead of a rhombus?

4. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Jonty, I wish I had your ceiling height. All you have to do is make or buy a ceiling mount with a downrod. There are a few real nice ones at AVSFORUM.COM. The best I saw is by a guy named "Mandarax".

5. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I have a 12' ceiling so I had to custom modify my mount to drop the PJ down farther, plus I had to raise my screen height too.