Please help with a problem with my X1

Discussion in 'Displays' started by david schmaus, Dec 21, 2004.

1. david schmaus

david schmaus Auditioning

I have had it about a year with no problems at all... I am running components cables out of my cable box and dvd player... Then the component--> computer monitor cable - > projector.

When I switch to dvd player on the receiver I get sound but it cant find the video... I bypassed the receiver and get the same thing. I took the unplugged the component cable from the cable box and plugged them into the dvd player.. Same thing?
    I switched dvd players.. Same things...

Help !!!

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    David, you need to push the "Computer" button on remote or projector, the video should then appear. You say you've had the X1 about a year, have you changed any hookups or anything? I have an X1 also, but I have my HD sat. receiver hooked up to the VGA/component input on X1, and my DVD player hooked up to the S-video input of X1. When I use either source, I have to push the appropriate button also to get video. Do you have "Auto-Source" checked in menu? If not, that might solve your problem since you are using only 1 input on X1.

3. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    David,
    as Jim stated, switch your projector to 'Auto Source', your projector will search for the next active signal when another is switched off.

I have the X-1 also and I want to ask you, am I to understand that you have TWO componant souces running to the projector's VGA terminal? If so how did you accomplish this? I would love to use that input for both my DVD player and PlayStation 2, but right now i'm only using the VGA for DVD.

4. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    John, I also was running 2 sources to my X1's VGA input, and used my A/V receiver to switch between them. I ran my DVD player and HD sat. receiver into receiver, then 1 cable to VGA input on X1. If you don't have a receiver with the proper inputs, you'd have to buy a switcher of some sort.

5. GuyMaren

GuyMaren Agent

If you're using the X1's VGA input for the DVD player, the DVD player must be capable of progressive scan and set to output 480P. Is that the case?

6. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Guy, that's correct.

7. david schmaus

david schmaus Auditioning

I am running two component sources into my receiver then using the receiver to switch them.... hmmmm maybe something happen and the dvd isnt sending a progressive signal now... let me check... good call