What's new

please help with a new system (1 Viewer)

thomassp

Auditioning
Real Name
Thomas
hi!!

i have a lot of questions, i tried to find as much information as i could, but the more i read, the more confused i became, and the more i realized that i really don't know what i am doing...
anyhow:
i want to build a home cinema system.
the only component i already have is a projector (panasonic AX200E)
and now i need 1.) a Blue Ray DVD player
2.) an audio system
i want to spend about 600-700 $ combined (not a lot, i know, i am on a students budget)
for the dvd player i thought about the samsung BD-P1500, which is 200€ on amazon.de ( i live in austria)
the plan was to connect both the DVD player and a digital cable receiver to the audio receiver, then connecting the audio receiver to the projector (using HDMI). does that work? will i lose picture quality if i set up the system this way?
which leads me to the audiosystem: the room is about 14*10 feet
would you suggest a HTiB system, or seperate components? any specific products you could recommend? do i need trueHD audio? if so, would you suggest another blue ray player, or will the samsung work?

thank you
Thomas

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Well, here's an interesting option for you. These sorts of things aren't frequently recommended around here, but this may just fit the bill for you. Samsung just came out with a new soundbar (read: single speaker that simulates surround sound) with a built-in BluRay player. It's not available for sale yet, and they haven't released the price, but last year's model can be had for about $500 (but has regular DVD instead of BluRay). Once this things is available, it may be a great option for you in your price range.

Here's a link: Samsung HT-BD8200 sound bar includes Blu-ray, Netflix, Pandora | CES 2009 - CNET Blogs

thomassp

Auditioning
Real Name
Thomas
thats an interesting option...
what does it mean when a company says "will come out in the first half of 2009"
'cause i'd like to complete my system in the next month

thomassp

Auditioning
Real Name
Thomas
thats an interesting option. however, i'd like to finish my system asap, so unless the product comes out pretty soon, i'll probably be to impatient to wait so long

media_man

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris

Unless I'm missing what you are asking, it just means sometime from now until June. Did you mean something else by that question?

htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilsonvn
Recent bookmarks