What's new

Please HELP!!! Wife Taking OVER (1 Viewer)

MikeGearin

Auditioning
OK,,,,I may not have a great home theater system, but for having 4.5 kids and a wife this is what I can afford, I have a 46" wide phillips HD projection TV and a Phillips MX5600D home theater in a box. Now, heres the problem. Recently we have renovated our family room and now that my wife actually likes the room she is taking over. She hates the TV, but it is staying. I need to mount my rear two speakers and she is giving me greif about it. Does any know of my home theater system and can give some advise on maybe building a box to concel the rear speakers and how or where to mount them. I will try to post pics....
THank you

DelRay

Stunt Coordinator
Mike, I'll be the first one to ask. How does anyone have "4.5" kids. Sorry, couldn't resist. As far as the HT prob. Could you install inwall speakers? They can be painted to match the walls. Or you could tell her that your the man of the house and this is the way it is. Ha Ha Ha.

MikeGearin

Auditioning
Well.......5 kid is due any day, and yes I could pull the man of the house card, but if you have ever messed with a pregnant women, you understand why I'm not going there........

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I know what you mean, we're at the half-way point with our first pregnancy.

My advice, Wait till after the birth and then you won't have to deal with a pregnant woman.

DelRay

Stunt Coordinator
Well, now that you mention it. Been 19 years ago for me. Oh yes now I remember. You poor shell of a man j/k. Best not to argue with her. BTW congrats on the new baby.

Brian D H

Second Unit
Joe,
Sorry, did you mean after 2 months when the baby is still colicky? Or after 6 months when the baby still isn't sleeping through the night? Or after 9 months when the baby has her first cold/diaper rash/flu? Or after a year when the baby starts walking and climbing over everything? Or after.....
;)
___

Mike,
Whoops, I'm on a tangent. Congrats on the baby!

Brian D H

Second Unit
OK, enough comedy (but can you tell that I have a baby less than a year old?)

As far as building a "box" to conceal rear speakers, I'm assuming that you already own the rear speakers or you would simply be putting in-walls in.

The option I've seen to conceal traditional speakers is to build a column with the bottom 6 feet made out of studs and dry-wall and the top portion a "box" wrapped in speaker cloth the same color as your walls. These new columns would be barely noticeable if painted the same color as your walls. You could make them even less noticeable by promising to add crown moulding around the room. You could also add wall sconces to your new columns so they look like a planned design element and not like speaker-camoflauge.

CygnusX1

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave C
Ha ha ha...I am at .5 too. Our boy is due at the end of January and I am trying to convince the wife about bass traps and acoustic panels. I know what you mean about pregnant women. Mine is pretty nice though...she just asked me where we were going for dinner...or else she wants to know what I'm cooking! That's a threat...I think. :) Good luck concealing. How about a bookshelf for each speaker with girly things on the shelves.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman

Thanks, and I understand the humor. I've been studying, since I'm going to be the stay at home parent.

However, the nesting behavior described originally is specifically a pregnancy phase, so it'll disappear after birth and she should lose interest in room decorations (or she'll be too busy to notice). And if she suffers PPD, get her on the meds and you have the run of the house. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks