Please Help, What's the best way to break in Paradigm Speakers???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan Da Silva, Nov 1, 2001.

1. Dan Da Silva

Dan Da Silva Stunt Coordinator

The subject lines pretty much examples my question, thanks for the help
    ------------------

2. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

Play them like you normally would. Preferably continuously if you can for several days straight.

3. Denward

Denward Supporting Actor

It's best to use the tuner so you don't wear out any moving parts on the rest of your system. Depending on your neighbors, you should play it loud while you're out of the house.

4. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

Dan,
    It depends on the model. If they are reference speakers, then do the following:
    1. Pack speakers back into cartons.
    2. Drive speakers to my place.
    3. Go back home.
    4. Wait for me to call you when speakers have been broken in (probably at least a couple of months).
    5. (Optional) Return to pick up speakers.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    It's been that kind of day so far. I needed that.
    Seriously, just play, play, play.
    Doug
    ------------------
    "Today is a good day to die." ...Old Lodge Skins

5. Mike_T_

Mike_T_ Stunt Coordinator

I have the Studio 100's and have just listened to them. Carefully at first, not pushing them too loud or too much bass. I've heard of people putting on some pink noise while at work. It really is fun to hear the speakers come into their own over time. Paradigm says not to critically listen to them until at least a few hours of break in. I've heard that 50 hours is what they really need before they reach their peak performance..

6. Mark Rich

Mark Rich Second Unit

Play them on non-critcal source to start with. Like TV or tuner use. Give them around 50 hours before giving them the critical listening test.

7. Dan Da Silva

Dan Da Silva Stunt Coordinator

sorry I forgot to tell you guys that I have a pair of Mini-Monitors V2, and a CC-370 as my center. The mini's are singing right now but the CC-370 just has this harshness in the tweeter right now. like almost static on voices. I'm thinking that there is something wrong with the tweeter.??
    ------------------

8. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg
    The speakers should play fine right out of the box. If you hear unnatural noises from your speaker, take it back for an exchange. If it's playing w/o distortion, make sure that your levels are properly set and that you don't have any sort of EQ on that channel.
    Greg