What's new

Please Help Wally! {With new 7.1ch receiver choice} (1 Viewer)

Wally Lee

Grip
Hey Guys-
I need to put a reciever with my new HDTV set! I want the 7.1 surround sound (with 2 back speakers). I also need plenty of component video inputs. Please keep the cost in mind while suggesting!!!
Thanks!
------------------
Wally Lee
"Man o' Man with this DTS stuff, I hear things I never heard before!"

J

John Morris

What speakers will you be driving with this receiver?
In the meantime, if DPL2 is not of interest, you can get a new Denon 3801 for around $700 or less.
------------------
Take Care,
merc
----------------
DFAST, 5C, DVI, HDCP, SafeAudio, Macrovision and Lewinski!!!

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
Please help Wally learn to talk about himself in the first person!
wink.gif

------------------
Andrew Hamm's new album Link Removed is available now!

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
THX EX IMHO is a waste of time and money. For example, in THX EX mode you can't turn off Cinema Re-EQ. Many DVDs already have it applied during their mastering phase, so Re-EQ would only muffle the sound.
Just received a Denon 3802 that I ordered for a neighbor of mine whom I'm installing a theater for. Very nice.
It has many bells and whistles for the money including PL II and DTS-ES Discrete. 7 amps built in. You can turn Cinema Re-EQ OFF or ON depending on your tastes, and it has a 7.1 Widescreen mode.
It also has pre-amp outs for all channels making it a good "fixer upper opportunity" down the road with more powerful amps.
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

james e m

Second Unit
Dan...
What exactly is "7.1 Widescreen"? Is it just Denon's version THX EX? I havn't read a review yet, so I wasn't sure. If it is I wanted to know how it compared to the "real deal".
Thanks...
James
------------------
When in doubt...Rock it out.

Users who are viewing this thread