Please help, this will help me make my final decision

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Allen Longcor, Nov 20, 2001.

1. Allen Longcor

Allen Longcor Supporting Actor

Oct 21, 2001
    Hopefully after this post I can stop being a newbie and asking everyone what they think [​IMG] Ok I am still looking for a receiver and a subwoofer for my future system. The speakers for this system will be Eosone RSF400's in front and Energy e:xl 15's in the back. This system will be used for hometheater and for listening to music, so I want it to be strong in both aspects. I don't have the money to replace the speakers I have so they will have to do. Ok, here are the receivers I was looking at:
    Pioneer VSXD810S
    Onkyo 595
    Denon 1802
    Now the Pioneer is at the top of my list because it has Dolby 6.1, DTS, ES, and generally has everything I could want (besides possibly DLII). But I don't want to have something that is underpowered (as stated by another user of this forum) that will leave me less than satisfied. I was wondering if it is still a good choice taking into account my speaker setup. This is not going to be a top of the line HT setup, but I still want something that will make the average person like myself go WOW.
    The subwoofers I am looking at are:
    PSB Subsonic 5
    Athena P2
    Cerwin Vega LW-12
    Mirage FRXS8
    Acoustic Research ARS 112
    It's worth noting that I found the Acoustic Research for $217 shipped! I don't need anything to rumble the whole house, and my setup will be in my bedroom for the time being. I've got lots of great help and ideas from you guys so far. I appreciate all the help you have given me and hope that this will help me decide on my first true HT setup.
  2. Matthew Anderson

Matthew Anderson Second Unit

Sep 24, 2000
    Matthew Anderson
    I don't think you would have a problem with being underpowered with any of those receivers. They would all be fine for something the size of your bedroom. You might want to consider the Outlaw 1050 if you unless you have to have DTS ES.