What's new

Please Help?? Speaker assistance!! (1 Viewer)

dafa83

Auditioning
Real Name
David
This will be my first HT project and I purchased (impulse buy) a brand new Klipsch RC-35 center speaker for $170.00 (cheapest I found elsewhere was $300).

I need help in deciding which other speakers I need to complete a 5.1 system.

I'm preferring bookshelf style (or something I can mount to the corners of my living room) and I can only spend max $800 on the rest of the system.

Please help? Which speaker do you recommend? Any at all is helpful, I'm clueless.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Since you bought one Klipsch speaker already, you need to buy Klipsch for the rest of them, so they will timbre match. If you want to sell it, and buy a great system of speakers, including a very good subwoofer, you can look at these:
SVSound - Complete Systems
I've never heard one bad thing about these speakers, only raves. And they build one of the best subwoofers on the planet.
Good luck! :)

Dingiswayo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
You don't necessarily need to match the rear surrounds to your front setup, but a good HT setup is built around the center speaker. So you want the matching Klipsch series at least for the fronts. But you apparently got a good enough price on that speaker to sell it if you wanted something else. People do love Klipsch though. But people also love those SVS and B&W (which are what I have). If you want used, and you should, you should look on this forum, AudiogoN high end audio auctions, classifieds, hifi chat and Saturday Audio .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoobird
Recent bookmarks