1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Please help recomend a mother board...

Discussion in 'Computers' started by DeathStar1, Sep 3, 2005.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

My current board is an x86 Pentium 4 2,4 GHZ,

I want to build my own media center pc, so I need one that's got 7 channel audio supoprt, fire wire supoprt, on board audio so no cables need to be connected to the audio card....and at least 6 pci-1 AGP slots.

I also need it to be the most compatible with the more popular hard drives and DVD burners so no conflicts build up. I've been told to stick with AMD 64..

Any recomendations under the $200 range?

Thanks1

2. Mike_J_Potter

Mike_J_Potter Second Unit

All the boards I have seen have only 5 pci slots and 1 agp, even a quick search on newegg didn't show any boards with pci slots. I would look at a good socket 939 board nforce3 board. If noise is a concern then make sure the northbridge is passively cooled or get a larger heatsink on it and slow moving fan. I have a Gigabyte k8ns ultra 939 that had that used that config before I built up a pci express system and using a 80mm fan running slow the pc ran silent even when overclocked. I am not using the board at this time so pm if you are interested in it.