What's new

Please Help!!! Pioneer Elite VS Patriot (1 Viewer)

Jamie Shimizu

Auditioning
I just went to purchase a a Pioneer Elite 43" PRO 930HD and the salesman convinced me to buy a Patriot PDP43A5HD. He said it is a brand new model from Pioneer and a upgrade from the Elite- it is suppossed to have a higher contrast ratio and can display more colors. They were selling it for $100 more than the Elite, but he discounted the difference.

I did not see the set, so I could not compare (although I was buying the Elite on reputation, not from seeing it.) I cannot find almost any info on this model, except for the press release on pioneers website.

I am afraid I may be making a mistake. I still have a day to change my order to the Elite, although the salesperson said it is a much better set and I wont be dissapointed.

I am desperate for any information/opinions on this model!!!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

~Jamie

John S

Senior HTF Member
Not familure at all...

Have any sort of longer standing relationship bewteen you and the dealer?

Do they have a return policy?

Might be worth a shot, and we would certainly want to read your review of it, being so new and all.

Jamie Shimizu

Auditioning
Called Pioneer. Turns out the TV is new, but the Patriot Model is made specifically for Cosco. The Rep said it is in no way as good as the Elite.

Looks like the old bait and switch, and I actually fell for it - almost. Went back and cancelled the order (which was from Pricemad BTW) and ordered the Pro930HD from DigitalCraze, who were great. Paid $3700 instead of $3500 Pricemad was advertising, but Digital craze will honor the Manufacturers Warranty, even though they are not an authorized dealer.

And I had the TV delivered the next day!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks