1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Please help! Panny RP 91DVD-R playback problem!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JerryIII, Aug 22, 2002.

1. JerryIII

JerryIII Stunt Coordinator

Hello everyone,
    I have a Panasonic RP-91 that is only 6 months old. Yesterday I attempted to play my first DVD-R. The player tried to read the disc but ended up giving me a "no play" error message. The disc is a Memorex DVD-R 4.7 GB 120 min video. Am I using the wrong type of DVD-R? What types have others had success with? It says DVD-RAM on the front of the player. Does that mean that DVD-R won't work? As you can see, I am very confused. [​IMG]
    Thanks in advance for any help,
    Jerry

2. Jeremy Little

Jeremy Little Supporting Actor

Hi,

Are the Memorex discs to which you refer pink on the bottom? If so, I have had no problems playing those back in my RP-91. I don't know if this matters or not, but I have flashed my firmware to latest one. Not one problem. I have about 8 DVD-R's, 3 burned on a Pioneer A05(I think that is the model) and the other 5 burned on a Panasonic DVD-R burner for PC.