What's new

Please help out a Directv newbie w/problem. (1 Viewer)

Greg Z

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all, I just got Directv installed a few days ago. Great picture and sound, but,on a number of channels I occationally get what looks like the picture pixelating or digitizing, and the sound pops, and chirps quite loudly. Looks just like a bad DVD. Know what I mean? I have a Hughes receiver, and my TV is a Tosh. TW40X81. If this is normal I might not keep it. Very low WAF. I went through the old threads, but can't find one with the exact symptoms. Thanks in advance guys.

RandyRush

Stunt Coordinator
While there are occasional pops in the sound, the kind of pixelation you are describing in my case is caused by weather (wind moving tree branches, rain, heavy clouds, etc. that block the lineof sight); first check your dish and make sure it has clear L-O-S;

Greg Z

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for responding Randy, I'll check line of site this weekend, however my signal strength is 86. I think this is acceptable... What do you think?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You need to find the signal strength for each transponder not just the default one on the meter screen. Don't be surprised if some are very low or zero, those are the spot beams.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread