Please help newbie

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Chris_S, Sep 24, 2003.

1. Chris_S

Chris_S Auditioning

Okay I just got a JVC 48wp30 and a Panasonic DVD S35. The picture looks pretty good most of the time except for a few problems. Foor insyance in Star Wars Ep. 2. At the begining of the Movie where everyone is sitting in the room and Padme walks in and they discuss her attack. In the background the red wall has a wierd grainy, pixel looking effect on it. I only notice on certain DVDs(usually in Red and white). Could this be just not proper settings, a bad DVD player, or am I being picky?

Someone please help.

2. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Chris,

Welcome to the forum!

I think most of our members are puzzled by this. It simply shouldn't be there, what you describe. It sort of looks like "pixelation", which is often a sign of reading-errors. It could be caused by dirt or a scratch on the disc, or problems with the laser-element of the player (or the focussing).

If however it looks more like a grainy effect, it may be something else (not that I know what, right away).

Cees

3. Chris_S

Chris_S Auditioning

I think I figured it out. It's the chroma bug. I am getting a different DVD player,JVC xv-n50 or something like that. I read this didn't have it.