What's new

Please Help!!! Need Quick Response. What are your opinions on the PIONEER ELITE VSX35 (1 Viewer)

Carson E

Agent
Charles ,while I cant give you specifics on that model I think the Pioneer Elites have a nice musical sound. Have a friend that just upgraded (to get 6.1) to a Denon 3801 from an Elite and with his Klipsch speakers I prefer the Elite sound over the 3801. (And I never thought amps made a significant difference.) With other speakers it may be different. Pioneer uses MOSFET which I hope someone will define what that entails. Pioneer and B&K are the only two I can find that uses MOSFET.
Carson...

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
I love mine. It is a solid improvement over my previous receiver (Kenwood VR-3090). Each week it seems DVDs are sounding better and better with EX surround, even if the disc isn't officially EX encoded. Really my only complaint after having owned it for 9 months is the lack of 7-channel amplification. If you have any specific concerns, post them and I'll be happy to address them.
Pieter
Edit: Thought I should add this. When deciding on a new receiver I was choosing between the Denon 3801, the Onkyo 787, and the Pioneer 35TX. After weeks of deliberation I made the plunge and am happy to report that if I had to do it again I wouldn't change a thing.
------------------
Witness my BoomRoom . Updated Sep 17.
[Edited last by PS Nystrom on September 19, 2001 at 01:49 AM]

Thanks so much for all your help guys. The reason I wanted to know about this receiver is because there is an auction at ubid.com for it. But Im concerened as to whether or not it will come in good condition. Does anyone have any experince with ubid?

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
As a matter of fact I do have experience with uBid.com. That's where I bought my aforementioned Kenwood receiver. I also bought my CD player there. I got great prices, but I doubt I'd ever go back. Shipping charges seemed bloated, and the fact that they aren't an authorized Kenwood dealer ended up hurting me real bad. You see, at the time, I had a second-gen DVD player (Sony DVP3000) that was without dts outputs. So for a year I never even tried using the dts decoder in my receiver. Finally I upgraded my DVD player, and as you may have guessed the dts decoding didn't work in the Kenwood. No refunds, no exchanges, Kenwood won't fix it because I didn't buy it from an authorized dealer. Stuck with a lemon.
Everything else in the unit works great, and now it serves to amplify my rear surrounds. Moral of the story, I'd say uBid is a gamble. Good luck.
Pieter
------------------
Witness my BoomRoom. Updated Sep 17.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks