What's new

PLEASE HELP! My tooth is killing me!! (1 Viewer)

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Didn't anybody watch "Marathon Man?" Clove oil was the coveted pain reliever of choice in that gruesome picture.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Hi John, I'm sorry to hear of your toothache, How did you break a molar? Was it a cavity that broke?

It seems like you've gotten some good advice here (except the Chuck Nolan ice skate remedy) so I don't have much to add.

Besides it sounds like you've got some good meds to tide you over till Fri.

Take Care!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Sean, I think it must have been a slice of Ellios pizza that broke it, that stuff gets REALLY hard in case you havn't noticed, and on top of that, I think I must have swallowed the tooth fragment with the food.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
John, I haven't heard of Ellios pizza.:frowning: However sounds like it may be a good thing. ;) Did your molar have a cavity? Or did the pizza just break a perfectly good molar?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
As far as I know, the tooth had no cavity before the break, at least none that I noticed. I guess it was just one of those freak things.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Well guys, tomorrows the big day! I must say that I am both excited and nervous at the same time, excited that i'll be rid of this damn tooth, and nervous about going to the dentist in general.
But i've just been thinking that i'll walk in, sit down, they'll numb me up real good, crunch the tooth, stuff a big ball of gauze in my mouth and i'm outta their in under an hour tops, and that helps me deal. Still can't shake the nervous feeling completly though.
Any words of encouragment? I could sure use some.:)

Scott_G

Second Unit
Well ....

You'll feel a lot better when it's over.

They'll give you a quick easy shot ... then all the pain will be gone !!!

Just think how much better you will feel in 24 hours.

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
John,

I've had just about every type of oral surgery: extractions, root canals, fillings, periodontal work, crowns, etc. I've had stitches in my gums. The absolute worst in my opinion was the periodontal work. Extractions are a piece of cake compared to the digging and scraping they had to do under my poor gums.

Don't let the anticipation of pain control you. A lot of it is mental, believe it or not. Hang tough and it will be over in no time!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Well, I just got back, the tooth is history!:):) The only thing about it that was a lttle distressing was the pressure of the dentist pushing and prying the tooth fragments out of the gum, but other than that, I felt nothing, no pain.
He gave me three shots at first of novacain, then he let me sit for about 25 min to a half hour to let it take affect, then he took a small metal hook and stuck me in the inner jaw with it to test it, I still felt it a little, so he gave me one more shot and that took care of it.
As I type this, the novacain is starting to wear off and i'm feeling a little sore, I just took a vikodin, so that shoud kick in soon and i'll get some rest.
Well, that as they say, is that. I'm just glad to have the nightmare that was this past week over with!:)
Thanks for all the great advice, except the Chuck Nolan advice, YYYOOOUUUCCCHHH!!!!!!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I'm sort of in the same boat. Several years ago, a filling fell out of one of my teeth. All that's left is a ridge. Last week, after eating a slice of pizza, I noticed that the ridge and surrounding gum area were a bit sensitive. The next day, at work, the swelling kicked in, along with a chronic ache. By Friday, the swelling was so bad that I looked as if I had a wad of chewing tobacco in my mouth. Throughout the weekend, I suffered while chomping down as much Extra-Strength Tylenol as the contraindications allowed.

By Monday, the swelling was receding. People close to me were stressing that I still needed to see a dentist, mentioning that the infection could spread. My sister said, "Any time there's an infection that close to the brain, a doctor insists that it should be treated."

Perhaps I should still see a dentist.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Yes, you definitely should.

Can you imagine if you died as a result of a tooth infection spreading--the humiliation. Oh yeah, and we'd miss you!

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
>>> Several years ago, a filling fell out of one of my teeth. All that's left is a ridge. Last week, after eating a slice of pizza, I noticed ...
"Shoulda" gone to the dentist as soon as it fell out.
Also, Ambesol(tm) is supposed to be dripped onto the tooth and into any cavity, not made part of a drink.
Health tips:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/health.htm

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
(in best Cosmo Kramer voice) Ambesol, what a scam that is! For 1, it tastes like pure crap, and 2 it just doesn't work, never has. Sure it may work for a few seconds but as soon as your saliva washes it away, your hurting again.
I must have poured a tablespoon of that stuff inside the tooth, and it helped for about ten minuets, but then it wore off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks