What's new

Please Help. My Kenwood Reciever Shuts Off On Its Own. (1 Viewer)

Derek Duncan

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all, I have a Kenwood vr-505, I know it is not top of the line, but in my budget it is more than good enough. The thing is I have moved my home theater to a bigger room, therefore I have been turning the reciever a bit louder, for example I watch movies at about 25 or 28, were I was listening at about 32 or 35. It plays fine until a really loud sound, like an explosion, or an alarm goes off. The reciever then completely shuts off on it's own, and the stanby light blinks. I know there is not a short, because it only happens on very loud parts, and in the same parts every time. Does anyone have any idea what could cause this. Thanks.

Derek

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Derek, What kind of speakers are you using & do you have them set for small or large? Its possible that when a loud passage comes on that the speaker resistance is dipping low enough to kick your recever off.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I would recommend unplugging and redoing all of your speaker wires both @ the receiver and @ the speakers. I had the exact same problem on a Kenwood receiver of mine a while back and rewiring solved the problem. I just assumed that there was a small short somewhere in the system but it wasn't leaking enough power to trip the safety till I cranked the volume.

Derek Duncan

Stunt Coordinator
I did have my speakers set to small , but when I changed rooms, I set them to large, I guess that is what did it.

Derek

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks