Please Help - Mits 55411

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Todd_K, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Todd_K

Todd_K Extra

Ok I have had my Mits 55411 for about 8 months now and I must say I don't know if I made the right decision with this purchase.

Here is my set-up:
    Mits 55411
    Time Warner Digital Cable with the Pioneer HDTV box
    Time Warner Component Cables (I know)
    Avia Calibrated
    Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 16:9, Stretch 4:3
    Output Formats: 480p on regular cable and 1080i on HDTV

The problem is this, the picture quality is not at all what I was expecting or saw at the store when I was comparing the 55411 to a Toshiba 57HX82. On regular cable the quality is ok and with HDTV the picture is VERY red and blurry. The thing I don't understand though is that the picture for CBS NFL HDTV looked great, but programming like NAVY CIS or CIS: Las Vegas looks horrible and I mean so bad I won't even watch.

What is the deal?
    - Cables?
    - Aspect Ratio or Output Format?
    - the actual TV?

Please help, I am getting so frustrated, I have even thought of selling the TV and going back and getting the Toshiba.

Thanks in advance.

Todd

2. Todd_K

Todd_K Extra

Oh one more thing.

I have a XP30 and BetterCables component video and DVD is nice, but not blown away nice like I was expecting.

Are my expectations too high or what?

3. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

Have you tried calibrating with Avia? I don't own a Mits, but I remember people used to say they needed a good deal of tweaking to get the most out of them. As for the poor HD, is it possible that shows like Navy CIS and CIC:Las Vegas are not broadcast in true high def? Maybe they are just broadcasts in standard def and the HD box is upconverting or your TV is upconverting.

No one can really tell you if you're expecting too much as we can't see what you're seeing. I can tell you that I have a Pioneer Elite 530 16x9 with an XP30 connected via Bettercables Silver Serpent Component and I find the image to be stunning, but again, we have no way of knowing what you're seeing to really compare against.