What's new

Please help me (1 Viewer)

FFrncs2

Auditioning
Real Name
Favian
I have a toshiba 46H83 64" HDTV and i was messing with the service menu then forgot to write down the default settings, now my picture is all messed up. can anybody give me the default settings for the whole service menu? thank you

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Unfortunately that is not how this stuff works. All TVs ship with different settings from the factory.

They may have all started out with the same set of numbers on the assembly line, but no TV stays there for long.

These things are not built to military specifications. There can be a lot of variance between units. Think radio shack parts ... and we don't use this stuff on space shuttles.

:frowning:

Perhaps if you can tell us what looks wrong with the TV we can help you there.

Regards

FFrncs2

Auditioning
Real Name
Favian
thank you for your reply, i dont really know how to explain whats wrong with it because i dont know what all the settings mean in the service menu but besically the picture is now oval shaped and the color is way off and lighting is way off.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Oval shape ... some parameter called PARA?

Why would you change things when you don't know what they do? Do you stick screw drivers into the back of the tV just to see what happens?

What about observing what it does while you change it?

When all is lost ... have to call repairman to come fix ... own up to what you did and pay for the repair.

Regards

FFrncs2

Auditioning
Real Name
Favian
lol yea i think i have to call a repairman, do you think bestbuy can repair it for me? and how much would be the cheapest?

GeorgeAB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
G. Alan Brown
"Please help me!"

This reminds me of the original 1958 movie, 'The Fly.' You may be familiar with the story. A man messes around with things he ought not and suffers hideous consequences. At the end he is snagged in a web, pleading for help, in a teeny little pitiful voice. Hopefully, you will end up better than the guy in the movie did.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
No, not Best Buy. For one thing, they'll gouge u and another, they might not know what they're doing..which is often true most of the time. Call Toshiba and ask for the nearest service center.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks