Please Help Me With My Dlp Picture!!!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jon Accamando, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Jon Accamando

Jon Accamando Auditioning

I recently purchased a Samsung HDTV Directv Receiver. The 160 series. I already have the HLN507 Samsung DLP. I am connecting the two using the DVI cable. Now, my picture is horrible. The HD channels are similar to a normal digital feed from the cable I had. The other channels are very blurred and grainy. I am running a 75ft cable from the satellite to the receiver and the signal strenth is in the 90's from the satellite.

What possibly could be the cause of this? I have spent too much money on my set-up to get poor quality like this.

ANYONE !!! PLEASE !!! HELP !!!

-Jon

2. Jon Accamando

Jon Accamando Auditioning

Ya...I tried all connections and checked all menus. All good. I just went out and bought a signal amplifier to try that. I hope this works.

3. Rajeev_s

Rajeev_s Stunt Coordinator

75ft Cable could be the problem, I dont think you can use long runs for DVI cable. Its the limitation of using Digital cable. You might want to look into using shorter cables by moving things around or invest in a multiple amps for DVI.

4. John Doh

John Doh Stunt Coordinator

I think the 75ft he is talking about is from the dish to the receiver (coax), not the DVI cable from the receiver to the TV.

Which sattelite service do you have? I know through Direct TV, you need a multisatelitte dish to pick-up HD signals. The standard DTV dishes won't get it for you. Just a thought.