Please help me with my connections

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ZachW, Dec 21, 2002.

1. ZachW

ZachW Stunt Coordinator

I'm putting together my first HT setup, and I have no idea what to get for wires. I'm going to be doing a multizone system with two receivers, but i want my dvd player and DSS receiver to be hooked up to both receivers. The receivers i'm getting are:
    Denon 1803
    Onkyo 8211
    I have a dishnetwork sattalite receiver that I want to hook up to both receivers so I can watch tv and everything on the HT setup, but listen to the music channels also on the stereo setup. Dish receiver
    The dvd player I want to hook up to both receivers so I can watch movies on the HT setup, but also listen to cd's on the stereo setup. Panasonic DVD-CP72
    So can i hook everything up to both receivers, and what will I need to do so? I also need a subwoofer cable to hook up to the 1803. thanks

2. ZachW

ZachW Stunt Coordinator

Sorry to sound like a jerk, but I need help fast because I'm going to order the stuff soon. thanks

3. ZachW

ZachW Stunt Coordinator

Anyone please

4. Hugo

Hugo Stunt Coordinator

Hi Zack,
    well, if your DSS receiver and DVD player have two outputs, you could connect each one to a different A/V receiver. You would just need to select the output on your DSS receiver or DVD player depending on what you want to hear, HT or music. Or just buy two spliter, one for each of your DSS receiver and DVD player. Hope that helps.

Hugo