Please HELP me with first set of speakers!!

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Bob_Campbell, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Bob_Campbell

Bob_Campbell Stunt Coordinator

OK, so here's my rundown:

Denon DVD 3800
    Denon AMP 1804
    Panny DVD E80
    Toshiba 46h83

Now I will have about 1k - 1500 to spend on speakers. I saw rocket has the ELT and Axoium has there version too. I'm looking for your best ideas for speakers in this price rang. This system is only used for movie viewing so keep that in mind. Also i'm in an apt complex so do i need a sub? I think i would like one, but not sure if there are other speakers out there that can provide a good bass. Oh, yeah, obvisouly this is for a 6.1 system that can be made into a 7.1 system.

Thanks for all your help!

2. Shane Morales

Shane Morales Second Unit

3. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

I’ve heard the ELTs and they are very fine. With your budget you can eailsy get another pair of the satellites. You might also ask how much extra the UFW-10 would be instead of the ELT SW-10. If you can afford the upgrade, the UFW-10 is worth the bump.

4. CurtisSC

CurtisSC Screenwriter

5. Pablo Abularach

Pablo Abularach Supporting Actor

I second CurtiSC, the Ascends are great speakers and do fit in your budget pretty easy, you could even get them with a sub $1500 shipped.

Get five CMB-170s (mains and surrounds and center back) and one CMT-340 (center) + HSU VTF2 (Sub) = 1448 + 65 (shiping) = $1513

You could also get a 7.1 there for $1605, very nice setup.