What's new

PLEASE help me to deside where to mount speakers (1 Viewer)

Can any of you please look at some pics and recomend where to mount the speakers?

The fronts, I was think of mounting on the vertical wooden beams on each side of the TV......

The backs I'm not sure if I should mount them on the wall facing side to side,away from and above the window opening, or sort of "in" the big window opening facing side to side,back against the rail for the blinds.. In the window is better I think? as they are further back, but then they are lower and closer together.The couches cannot move out of the window any further, cramps the room to much.

Click on this link to see the pics, they are under HT
Don't mind the mess, we just moved in:b

EricSm

Stunt Coordinator
Looking at it from a static 2d image is always kind of challenging, but from what I see... I'd kind of mount them in the crevice for the window. One in each corner, but angled slightly towards the couch. I think you will be able to create a really good rear soundstage there, about 2-3 feet above your seated head position. My fear is that the sound gets sorta trapped back there, but I think if you angle is properly it should work out great.

Jaime B

Stunt Coordinator
Dave:

Congrats on your new house! The pictures on your site are kind of confusing, the angles you took don't show the entire room. Is the picture showing the tv set to the left hand side of the couch? If so you will never get any kind of decent front effect sound! Besides, watching tv with your neck crooked 70-80 degrees to the left sucks! The tv should be straight in front of the seating area, with the three front speakers aiming at you, but you should know this already.

As for the rears, I agree with Eric (I think, if we are talking about the same place) Mount monopoles (direct radiating speakers) like the Rock Solid Ones (in white) around the white frame where the flush spot lights are. Not on the top area, but on the vertical sides as high up as possible, facing each other from opposite sides BUT pointing slightly downward towards the couch. You may get echo (UNWANTED REVERBERATIONS) from the rear glass panes, so some sort of sound deadening treatment may be necessary (like curtains).

IMPORTANT: calibrate rear speakers with low enough output so not to be overwhelming relative to the front speakers. get that Radio Shack SPL meter, a MUST! Also play with the receiver's (if yours allow it) with delay times until the rear effects sound natural with little time delay effects.

Having tittle to go by, this is the best I can recommend.

No mention of your HT equipment, also time for a bigger TV set!

Enjoy,

JaimeB

Thanks! We have 2 couches, so thats why you see one to the side, there is a couch and chair directly in front of the TV. The window is really deep, and has blinds that can be closed, so OK, there,and window is directly opposite the TV. Rec. is a H/K AVR 525 so can tweak to my hearts content. Speakers are all NHTs 4-SB3s, SC2, and a SW10.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks