What's new

Please help me select a display device... (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Any thoughts on how a Panasonic VIERA TC-L37E5 37-Inch (1080p Full HD IPS LED-LCD TV) would stack up? I'm thinking of pairing this model with a Bowers & Wilkins Panorama 2 Digital Sound Projector...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I don't "follow" the LCD market. The last "under 42" TV I bought was a used 26" philips I bought on Ebay for $130. I have a "big house" and being relatively close to Chicago(an hour to downtown as long as you leave after 9am)...I get lots of guests. Every single TV in the house 42" and bigger(6 total) are all plasma. This philips replaced a 19" tube in the last room of the house that was still on SD.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
MarcoBiscotti said:
Any thoughts on how a Panasonic VIERA TC-L37E5 37-Inch (1080p Full HD IPS LED-LCD TV) would stack up? I'm thinking of pairing this model with a Bowers & Wilkins Panorama 2 Digital Sound Projector...
Pretty much any TV that small will look very good. Check out the Consumer Reports reliability ratings, and buy one from the most reliable company. You can't go wrong with Panasonic. I bet it's right near the top.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
MarcoBiscotti said:
That is a "real" Panasonic--C5 models are outsourced. The IPS panel will give better off-angle performance than others, at a smallish sacrifice in black level performance. It is edge-lit but flashlighting is usually less of a problem the smaller the screen size, and is the only real way to get the slim profile you want at this screen size (Panny makes some thin plasmas but only at 55" and above). Adding the external audio will negate the audio weakness inherent in thin flat panel sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks