What's new

Please Help Me pick my next Game (1 Viewer)

Scott Hine

Stunt Coordinator
Hello All,
I am looking to get a new PS2 game....
My last two favorite games for the PS2 where Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance and Dynasty Warriors 3. I also love Diablo 1 and 2 for the PC, but want a new game for my PS2. What should i get next that is similar? Kingdom Harts?

Also any try sega soccer slam?

Thanks for any help

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Not a lot of first-hand knowledge here, but wanted to chime in...
Kingdom Hearts seems to be a bit like a Square/Final Fantasy rpg, except that the combat is real-time. I'm sure there are plenty of other differences and there is a thread on the board that has some details about it. It's one I'll pick up sometime before the end of the year I imagine.
Dynasty Tactics is another one that sort of intrigues me, and I have yet to really hear anything about it. Looks like it takes a lot of the characters from DW3 and puts them in a strategy/tactics game. Could be interesting, though I tend to like that genre more with traditional fantasy characters.
If you do decide to look at something for the pc, check out Divine Divinity. It's been getting a fair number of impressive reviews. Apparently it is more than just the Diablo-clone it looks to be. No multi-player game on that one though, if that matters to you.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I just got my Demo copy of Summoner 2 from THQ in the mail yesterday. I have pretty high hopes for this one. The last version had so little draw distance that it got annoying to me quick. This one looks much better.

Glen

Jay_Sharp

Stunt Coordinator
The Summoner 2 demo left me unimpressed (major sound bugs). I'd rent before making a purchase if you're wary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks