What's new

Please help me out with an image retention issue. (1 Viewer)

tomcar

Auditioning
Real Name
tom
I have a Panasonic plasma, and I got into a Minecraft marathon. I played for hours and hours. Now a faint image is left on the screen. I want to get rid of it but: 1. There is a rolling bar to get rid of such things but lasts like 8 minutes, so you have to keep restarting it. I need to leave it on like over night I believe for the image to go away. 2. I can not set the TV to a static station. It's a 2012 TV and literally will not stay on anything with static on it. The screen goes black if there is no broadcast. Does anyone have a good solution? I have looked all over the internet and there some sites with images to show, but I am not sure how to put them on a disc. I have a imac and an appletv so I can airplay stuff to my tv, I just need something that will do the trick and lasts for hours...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Leave it on for 24hrs on a TV station that doesn't have much of an "icon"...as in don't use a news channel or ESPN. You could use a movie and just keep repeating it. I doubt it will need an entire 24hrs.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Hook up your iMac to the TV and enable the screensaver, using "Spectrum" which provides a full screen of shifting colors. I don't think the fact they're pastels will make a difference.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings Sometimes if the TV has a slide show capability ... load slides onto an SD card and just have it run the slides for hours as needed. The sleep timer on TVs help here . regards

tomcar

Auditioning
Real Name
tom
I guess the latest version of mountain lion doesn't have the Spectrum screen saver. Too bad, it looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks