What's new

Please help me name a tune, perhaps by Alan Parsons Project? (1 Viewer)

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
I've been searching for this song for the past 15-20 years but to no avail. Whenever I manage to catch it on the radio, usually on a classic rock station, it's always at the tail end. Also, the DJ fails to mention the artist and title.

Here is what I know. There is a sax solo. Some of the lyrics are as follows:

...new morning
...he's the rolling stone.
...and forget about everything(?)

I'm completely ignorant when it comes to musical terms, so this is the best I can offer.

If this rings a bell with anyone, I'm deeply indebted...this song has been my sisyphus, almost as much as it hold a personal meaning for me.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Thank you, Daniel. I skipped over to Amazon.com and listened to the sample of "Baker Street". This is the song that's been so elusive for so long.

If I were in Rhode Island, I'd buy you many rounds of beer. You made my year...the song means that much to me.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

That reminds me of a "Married... With Children" episode where Al keeps hearing a song on the radio, and it drives him nuts because they never say the title. He goes to a record store, watches some kid behind the counter name several obscure songs that customers hum to him, and Al gets real excited. He goes up to the kid, says "hmmn, hmmn... him", and the kid says he has no idea. Later, a DJ even says " everyone thinks the name on that song is Go With Him, but it's not".

Every time my wife or I hear a song and can't think of the name, we look at each other and hum "hmmn, hmmn... him" and laugh.

BTW, the name of Al's song was "Anna".

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
Glad I could help Peter. I love that song, in fact Rafferty's "City to City" album was one of my favorites of the time.

Of course the version in Married with Children of "Anna" was the original by Arthur Alexander.

Just showing off here. :D

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I used to get annoyed when they would play songs on the radio and then state "that was the guess who". I don't know, tell me! :D

Ron Etaylor

Second Unit
I was listening to that song on the radio the other day and wondered why Gerry Rafferty wasn't a bigger deal. That song is very cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks