Please help me iron out the details before I commit

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Howard Williams, May 20, 2001.

1. Howard Williams

Howard Williams Supporting Actor

Mar 7, 2001
    Well ladies and gentlemen, the moment of truth is pretty much at hand. After much research I've decided to finally take the plunge and go with the Mitsubishi WS-73907. Deciding factors were the 9" CRTs, made & adjusted in America, multiple inputs, picture quality and a history of very satisfied customers. I've decided the system menu lock out thingy is not a huge deal for me since this set will hopefully require just a few minor adjustments (VE / Avia)and I plan to get it ISF'ed when needed. I plan to add the Sony DVSP9000ES, Sony HD100, the red push attenuater and maybe an OTA depending on programming/reception in my area. Am I missing anything?
    I got a couple recommendations on who to order from for the best deal ie Abt Electronics, Sammans, Big Screen TV City. Are the any others? Shipping will be to Murrieta, Riverside County) Southern California. To be honest, I'm not much of a fast thinking shrewd negotiator. I don't know what to ask for other than the basics:
    "What's the lowest price you can give me?"
    "Do you have it in stock?"
    "When will it ship"
    When will it arrive"
    "Do you set it up or just drop it off in the driveway/doorway?"
    "What's your return policy"
    I'm sure they'll push an extended warranty, to wish I will almost certainly refuse.
    What else should I confirm/inquire about before I give up the Visa?
    Someone please review the pros & cons of local vs. internet one more time. This is a modest investment for me and I'd like to avoid any unpleasant surprises. I know people are probably sick of similar posts but I just want to be sure I have all the bases covered.
    I sent the following email to potential suppliers:
    "I'm am very interested in purchasing the Mitsubishi WS-73907. Someone from the Home Theater Spot & Home Theater Forum recommended you to me. Said I would get the best price and deal. I will order this unit from whomever gives me the best deal by 5-25-01. Can you please quote me your best price. What kind of service and extras can I expect? Delivery would be to Murrieta CA 92562"
    Is that kinda lame or a good idea? Like I said, I'm not one to haggle in person or over the phone. I can, I just don't enjoy it and always seem to forget something.
    Thanxxx in advance for any input.
    "What it is, is what it is"
  2. SteveRS

SteveRS Stunt Coordinator

Apr 8, 1999
    I think the most important thing is to ask for a 30 day customer satisfaction guarantee.
    If there is anything that you do not like about the set you should be able to return it for your money back.
    As for price I always ask the salesman if he will match the 10% preferred customer discount that I receive from another electronics store,(Ultimate Electronics) or pick one of your own.
    It works for me and for the profit they make on that monster Mits it should work for you.
    Good Luck with your purchase.