What's new

Please help me identify a movie... (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
It's going to be very difficult to describe since I haven't seen the film in over 15 years and even than, only watched it in clips through television broadcast as it was late at night and I was drifting in and out of sleep.

All that I can really say about it, is that it was a black and white film and I can't remember if it was classic Hollywood from the 40's/50's era or a later 60's production but definitely not anything later.

There's one scene that sticks out with me...

A woman is washing a little girl or possibly a baby in a bathtub and I believe either drowning her or the baby is already dead and she continues washing the dead baby either not consciously realizing or pretending she doesn't. I think it might have been the little girl's nanny or something, and she was some kind of sociopath.

Anyways, this has been driving me absolutely nuts for the longest time and I have to find the name of this film and track it down on DVD.

Any help is very much appreciated!!

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Marco, I'm not sure, but it might be the Bette Davis movie The Nanny (1965). I haven't seen it since I was a child, and I don't specifically recall that scene, but it does kind of fit the plot of that film.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks a lot guys, I was almost positive it was a Bette Davis flick also and I actually got it confused with "What Ever Happened To Baby Jane?" so I bought the DVD last week (which is still a terrific movie btw), but than realised the other night I still hadn't tracked it down.

Anyways, thanks a lot - really appreciate it!

Time to look it up on Amazon. :emoji_thumbsup:

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
It's not available on DVD??

:confused:

I assume this is a WB production... why would this not be released yet??

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I believe it's a Fox Film.

It wasn't included in the batch of Fox-released Hammer films that Anchor Bay picked up a few years ago when Fox's rights had lapsed.

It is available on VHS and R2 DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks