What's new

Please help me I have been consumed by a crappy song (1 Viewer)

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
It's Kylie Minogues cant get you out of my head, and I can't get it out of my head. It sucks. and I will FULLY admit it. It's horrible, it's a rip from the disco years, and I thought I had this out of my system when I became obsessed with disco (hold on, I must listen to the song some more) and damn this thing is just catchy. It would have been a hit in 1978, but Im trying to resist it. Her voice is irritating, the video is PURE 1982, and she is just hot. Am I the only one? It's just schlock and I can't help but want to go buy the CD.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I personally don't think that its a crappy song at all. When I first heard it I was like, whoa new Daft Punk album already! But then found out that it was Kylie and yes I have been tempted to buy the album many many times just to see if the rest is like that song. I think the video is good. Geuss thats just the 80s child in me showing.

NP: Curve - Ten Little Girls

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
What's crap about it? It's bloody good pop music. I'd rather listen to SexKylie than the pap that fills the charts here in the US any day.

"Fever" off the album is *excellent* too.

NP: "Y'all get scared now" by the Reindeer Section

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
If you can't tell what's crappy about it then it has you too :)
Repetetive bass loop, no lyrics, it's POP and pop is crap. I could make that song in about 10 minutes with Acid Pro.
(Edited for a grammatical error)

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
Yes, this song sucks, but now we have all of the pop stations starting to replay a some pop song that sounds like old Spears music just with a higher voice. Then again, the video for the song that all of you hate is very good. (now all you have to do is stay up late, and turn the sound down when the video comes on)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
pop is crap
No, a lot of modern day 'pop' is crap. But not all of it! And to call Kylie a Britney ripoff! She's been doing this for years - she may have been a one hit wonder in the US, but she's got a longstanding career in Europe.

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
This video is definitely a tent pitcher. She has a FANTASTIC body. Anyway, I was listening to Kylie when Britney was like 2. Dont you remember her song "Loco-Motion"? and everyone though she would be a one hit wonder. Im still obsessed by this song. I listen to it aruond 30-40 times a day, and watch the video around 5-6 times in addition to that.

Ike

Screenwriter
*shudders*ugh...loco-motion*shudder*
Don't like the song, but whenver the video comes on, I strangely will watch it. :D
(The song has a 'La la la la' chorus to it! That's not good pop music)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I'd rather listen to SexKylie than the pap that fills the charts here in the US any day.
Me too, American pop music is just such dribble. Look at Britney, nsync, and BSB...anyone know what record label they are on? JIVE, they are all on the same label, and I'm willing to be that most of their songs are written by the same team of song writers at JIVE.

NP: Lush - Leaves Me Cold

Luc D

Second Unit
I hate that goddamn song! It's as if a three year old spilled juice on a keyboard and set off one of those generic, pre-recorded beats.
Oh, but the video is great if you mute it. :)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I find if you have a song stuck in your head and want to get it out start singing the theme from The Facts of Life. unfortunately you will never get THAT song out of your head! :)

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
just try to either go to another station, or just buy or import the older stuff which I am sure is much better any way.

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
Kylie Minogue is starting to catch on in the States. That's absolutely amazing. I'm from Indonesia and she's been popular in Australia and infected Indonesia because of Indonesia's close proximity to Australia. I thought she'd be stuck as a Pacific-Ocean-wonder like Tommy Paige and the likes, but she's branching out. Amazing...
Sad commentary on the current state of popular music when a "tent-pitcher" music video is the main selling point of a wildly popular song. Now I remember why I don't watch music video channels anymore. I don't want to be reeled in by a "tent-pitcher" :D Hey, I'm weak like that.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I could make that song in about 10 minutes with Acid Pro.
Seeing how songs like that are reaping tons of money, I don't see why you don't go and make a song like that and become a star. It certainly would make more sense than sitting around and telling everyone how easy it is to make that music and bemoaning the people that do. :)
Bruce

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
Seeing how songs like that are reaping tons of money, I don't see why you don't go and make a song like that and become a star. It certainly would make more sense than sitting around and telling everyone how easy it is to make that music and bemoaning the people that do
Bruce the reason? I don't have a D cup. Do you see the difference in complexity between a moby or fatboyslim song? (Nearly impossible to duplicate) and drivel that IS Kylie Minogue (A lot of my songs are a LOT better than hers). It's called pop music, looks have EVERYTHING to do with it. I dont look good in a square yard of silk with slits for my man-boobs. That's why im not on MTV. In case you were missing me :)

Luke_Khuc

Stunt Coordinator
i can see the reason why she started singing again. her clothes barely cover bod ;d i hoped that they shot the video somewhere in southern CA.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I thought she'd be stuck as a Pacific-Ocean-wonder like Tommy Paige and the likes, but she's branching out. Amazing...

She's been a star in Europe since the mid 80's (starting with "I should be so lucky"), with a dip in popularity in the early 90's, but she was never really gone.

/Mike

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Every fiber in my being says I should detest this song, but I also find my self listening to and/or watching it when it comes on...it has the "hook".
LOL! I can tell I'm going to have a good day when i turn on MTV/MTV2/VH1 in the morning and see his video and the morning wood just doesn't go away.
LMAO! Too funny, but I'm in full agreement
smiley_rotflmao.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks