1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Please help me I have been consumed by a crappy song

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Larry Seno Jr., Mar 21, 2002.

1. Larry Seno Jr.

Larry Seno Jr. Supporting Actor

It's Kylie Minogues cant get you out of my head, and I can't get it out of my head. It sucks. and I will FULLY admit it. It's horrible, it's a rip from the disco years, and I thought I had this out of my system when I became obsessed with disco (hold on, I must listen to the song some more) and damn this thing is just catchy. It would have been a hit in 1978, but Im trying to resist it. Her voice is irritating, the video is PURE 1982, and she is just hot. Am I the only one? It's just schlock and I can't help but want to go buy the CD.

2. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

I personally don't think that its a crappy song at all. When I first heard it I was like, whoa new Daft Punk album already! But then found out that it was Kylie and yes I have been tempted to buy the album many many times just to see if the rest is like that song. I think the video is good. Geuss thats just the 80s child in me showing.

NP: Curve - Ten Little Girls

3. BrianB

BrianB Producer

What's crap about it? It's bloody good pop music. I'd rather listen to SexKylie than the pap that fills the charts here in the US any day.

"Fever" off the album is *excellent* too.

NP: "Y'all get scared now" by the Reindeer Section

4. Larry Seno Jr.

If you can't tell what's crappy about it then it has you too [​IMG]
    Repetetive bass loop, no lyrics, it's POP and pop is crap. I could make that song in about 10 minutes with Acid Pro.
    (Edited for a grammatical error)

5. Ryan L B

Ryan L B Supporting Actor

Yes, this song sucks, but now we have all of the pop stations starting to replay a some pop song that sounds like old Spears music just with a higher voice. Then again, the video for the song that all of you hate is very good. (now all you have to do is stay up late, and turn the sound down when the video comes on)

6. BrianB

BrianB Producer

7. Larry Seno Jr.

This video is definitely a tent pitcher. She has a FANTASTIC body. Anyway, I was listening to Kylie when Britney was like 2. Dont you remember her song "Loco-Motion"? and everyone though she would be a one hit wonder. Im still obsessed by this song. I listen to it aruond 30-40 times a day, and watch the video around 5-6 times in addition to that.

8. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

*shudders*ugh...loco-motion*shudder*
    Don't like the song, but whenver the video comes on, I strangely will watch it. [​IMG]
    (The song has a 'La la la la' chorus to it! That's not good pop music)

9. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

10. Luc D

Luc D Second Unit

I hate that goddamn song! It's as if a three year old spilled juice on a keyboard and set off one of those generic, pre-recorded beats.
    Oh, but the video is great if you mute it. [​IMG]

11. BrianB

BrianB Producer

12. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

I find if you have a song stuck in your head and want to get it out start singing the theme from The Facts of Life. unfortunately you will never get THAT song out of your head! [​IMG]

13. Ryan L B

Ryan L B Supporting Actor

just try to either go to another station, or just buy or import the older stuff which I am sure is much better any way.

14. Yohan Pamudji

Yohan Pamudji Second Unit

Kylie Minogue is starting to catch on in the States. That's absolutely amazing. I'm from Indonesia and she's been popular in Australia and infected Indonesia because of Indonesia's close proximity to Australia. I thought she'd be stuck as a Pacific-Ocean-wonder like Tommy Paige and the likes, but she's branching out. Amazing...
    Sad commentary on the current state of popular music when a "tent-pitcher" music video is the main selling point of a wildly popular song. Now I remember why I don't watch music video channels anymore. I don't want to be reeled in by a "tent-pitcher" [​IMG] Hey, I'm weak like that.

15. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

16. Larry Seno Jr.

17. Luke_Khuc

Luke_Khuc Stunt Coordinator

i can see the reason why she started singing again. her clothes barely cover bod ;d i hoped that they shot the video somewhere in southern CA.

18. MickeS

MickeS Producer

19. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Every fiber in my being says I should detest this song, but I also find my self listening to and/or watching it when it comes on...it has the "hook".

20. BrianB

BrianB Producer