What's new

Please help me hook this stuff up! (1 Viewer)

carlw

Auditioning
OK, so I just got digital cable and since I had to reconnect things anyway, I figured I would finally set up the receiver to do all the switching for me.

But... after connecting the vcr, I have sound but no picture. What is the proper way to hook the vcr up?

Right now I am running composite from cable box to receiver (TV input). Then composite from vcr out to vcr in on receiver, and vcr out on receiver to vcr in.

I also have the dvd player running composite video to receiver, then only the composite video out on receiver to the tv.

What am I doing wrong?

Lee Carbray

Second Unit
Carl, how do you have the receiver hooked up to the TV. You only need one cable to go from your receiver to your TV. Make sure you have the Tv on the correct input as well.

carlw

Auditioning
Yes I have only a single composite video cable going from the receiver to the tv. I know I am on the right tv input cause I am able to watch cable & dvds...

Any other posibilites?

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Just for grins,

- Set the receiver to "VCR" so you get sound
- Take the composite cable from the CATV box and plug it into the "VCR IN". Since you know the CATV video is comeing through the cable, this will test the VCR IN on the receiver.

I'd also remove the cables going FROM the receiver TO the VCR until you get this problem fixed. You could have a cable plugged into the wrong jack.

carlw

Auditioning
OK, I am a dum dum. :b

I had the VCR in/out on the receiver backwards, works great now!

Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks