What's new
World Wide Stereo

Please help me – Hitachi - Samsung (DCDI Faroudja) (1 Viewer)

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I’m getting a Plasma HDTV and my choice has been narrowed to 2 models. Could you please help me which one to pick up? I have the option of

1) Hitachi 42PD5200 – (106cm)
http://live.hitachidigitalmedia.com/...=1&urlnumber=0

2) Samsung - PS37S4A – (94 cm) with {DCDI Faroudja} Circuit

Well I prefer the Hitachi one because it’s bigger! The Samsung model is smaller but it contains the {DCDI Faroudja} Circuit. I have heard good things about Faroudja here! So what do you think? Which one should I get?

Also a quick question about Philips Plasmas. I saw some here with Pixel Plus technology. Can you turn off this Pixel Plus thing? They advertise it a lot but I found it horrible. It gives a video feel to pictures. They were showing Star Wars on several Plasmas here and the Philips with Pixel Plus looked like they had filmed it on a DV camera! It didn’t look like film!

Thanks.

John S

Senior HTF Member
On the DCDI thing, while really nice to have in a display, it shouldn't be a deal maker or breaker, because DVD players have it. Might help a lot if you do any laserdisc still though. A VCR even SVHS generally will have such a soft picture, you don't realize the benefits from it either.

I say go wth the size.... My favorite Plasma's I have really seen are still Panasonic, but even those were just ED displays, not HD. But man they look pretty great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schanne1
Recent bookmarks