Please help me! Having wierd problems hooking up things w/the component cables!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Drew Stanton, Jan 5, 2002.

1. Drew Stanton

Drew Stanton Extra

[​IMG]
    Okay this is a wierd problem, that I have NO CLUE what is wrong!
    My mom got a 32" toshiba TV about 3 weeks ago. We hooked up a DVD player w/component cables and the picture was all blue shaded. So i tried hooking up my PS2 to see if the same problem happened. But this time, the shade was green. So I was like WTF?
    Now I just got my reciever back from Best Buy (thankfully I got the PSP for my reciever cause it broke on me, but wouldn't have gotten it if i didnt work there at the time ) Since I got my reciever back, I would now hook up my Playstation 2 to my TV w/component cables. Reason I couldn't use component cables while the reciever was getting fixed is because the Monster brand cables don't have any audio output plugs (which is pretty dumb ) and I need a digital optical cable to get the sound. But now I got that and hooked up my ps2 w/component cables and the optical cable to the reciever.
    So now I turn on my TV, put it to Video 4 where the component input is, and the picture is green!! I was liek WTF? So I tried my brothers DVD player and it was blue shaded! WTF IS GOING ON!!
    Now I know for a FACT, %100 POSITIVE, that I got the plugs in the correct holes w/the color corespondence. Other wierd thing is when I had my TV in my Dorm room, the component inputs were working fine! The picture on my ps2 was excellent when hooked to it! So do any of you guys got ANY clue what is wrong? Please help me!!!
    BTW, the TV I have is a 27" Wega

2. Allan Jayne

Allan Jayne Cinematographer

Does either or both the TV and player have manual selection for RGB as opposed to component Y-Pb-Pr video? If so, both must be set to match each other.
    Try different cables. A cable might have a break inside it.
    Video hints:
    http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

3. Jeff Whitford

Jeff Whitford Screenwriter

Are you plugging the yellow component cable into the yellow jack? If so that is wrong. The yellow cable must go in the green.