Please HELP me get the best out of DA4ES!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by NickSP, Dec 11, 2002.

1. NickSP

NickSP Supporting Actor

May 8, 2001
    I have played with the unit to the point where it keeps getting better and better but however, I'd like to stop fiddling with the settings and enjoy a movie or two [​IMG]
    I would like to find out what most of you are using as EQ settings for movies, including the surround settings. I know different speakers have different results but I'd like to try out some "ready-made" movie settings. For reference, I've set my speakers to "Small". Thanks.
  2. Andrew Pierce

Andrew Pierce Stunt Coordinator

May 22, 2002
    Andrew Pierce
    I am of the school that accurate is the ideal, so in a perfect world you'd want your EQ totally flat. The less messing with the sound you do the better.
    In the real world, you may want to use the EQ to correct any room problems, or speaker problems, with the goal of having the equilized sound counteract whatever problems you may have, leaving you with a totally neutral sound, so you can hear what the movie sounds like.
    If you just want to jazz up the sound, I don't know, try playing with the various DSP environments. But you want catch my DA4ES in a 'jazz hall' or 'stadium' [​IMG]
  3. Dan Joy

Dan Joy Supporting Actor

Dec 8, 2001
    I have the DA5ES and find myself being in automatic format decode (AFD)most of the time. Aside from sacd playing and tv watching I have experimented with the cinema dsp's with trepidation both with and without dolby prologic. I f I find music that desperately need eq, I listen to something that doesn't need eq[​IMG] Those sacds have spoiled me.
    I feel almost all of the dsps are too artificial for me. Some have too much echo and too much center channel. For non DD and DTS movies, cinema a & b are the only mode I will choose but I leave satellite and local tv listening to DPLII Music mode.