Please help me fix little problem...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike_Ped, Nov 11, 2001.

1. Mike_Ped

Mike_Ped Second Unit

After proclaiming my HATRED for lacquer on a resent thread, I ended up cutting myself a new top plate and continuing the lacquering process on the bottom plate (which already had two layers). So, when I put the third layer on, with my luck of course, a bug decides that it would be a nice place to land. Welp, the little bastard died and was stuck to the damn plate when I went to check on it after about and hour. I took it out with tweezers but the little bugger left a little nick. DAMNIT!!!! Why does this crap always happen to me. So, before I do anything tomorrow with the piece, how would you go about fixing the problem? I'll try wetsanding it, but what if that doesnt work. I was thinking of spraying in just that spot to fill the tiny hole. Maybe? No? Yes? Thanx for any suggestions!
    Mike

2. Brian Fellmeth

Brian Fellmeth Supporting Actor

DO NOT TRY TO FILL BY SPRAYING THE NICK !!!! You will turn a small problem into a large one. Go to an auto supply store and get a tube of bondo filler. This stuff is handles like thick glue. With a toothpick and a magnefying glass, fill the nick like frosting a tiny cake. Then wet sand. Your nick will become a tiny orange dot that the next 2 coats will cover without a trace.

3. Mike_Ped

Mike_Ped Second Unit

Thanx for the tip...i really didnt need another large problem on my hands! I'll be picking that good stuff up after work today!
    Mike