Please help me fill in a memory gap

Discussion in 'Movies' started by DavidNighorn, Jan 19, 2006.

1. DavidNighorn

DavidNighorn Stunt Coordinator

I am always amazed at the partial memories that I have of certain events from my childhood. This particular one has been bothering me for some time and I am hoping some of you film historians can help me.

Sometime in the late 70's (when I was still in grade school), my parents took me to an animated film. All that I can remember about it was that it was quite existential (as filtered through my now-40 brain) and that it had something to do with seeing 'The Last Visible Dog' It turns out that there is a can of dog food with a label that shows a dog holding a can of the food. On that can is the same label. For some reason, it was important to be able to see the last visible dog in this endless chain.

Anyway, I have been driven to distraction trying to find out what movie this is. Partial memories drive me crazy in that I try to put them in perspective. In this case, the movie was so strange that I would just like to see it or research it to figure out what the heck it was about.

And yes, I did google it. All I got were links to a band that is called 'Last Visible Dog'. I take this as proof that I am not totally insane and that the movie that I remember really did exist.

Thanks for the help!

David

2. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
  3. DavidNighorn

DavidNighorn Stunt Coordinator

Yes! Thank you very much. I'll post a follow up if I can find a copy to watch. This will be very interesting!

David

4. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.