What's new

Please help me figure out this movie (1 Viewer)

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
I've been Googling like crazy and haven't been able to find this movie, so I really hope someone here can help me out. It's a movie about an aspiring screenwriter who keeps getting rejected. He takes out a small apartment in or near Hollywood and gets a job as some kind of assistant.

While there, he manages to pick up on the behind-the-scenes dealings and decides to try an experiment -- create a made-up writer and a made-up screenplay, and start spreading gossip about the two, touting the writer as a genius and the screenplay as a masterpiece. To his surprise, the entire Hollywood community becomes fixated on this mysterious writer and before he knows it everyone wants the fictitious person and the script, both of which do not exist.

I'm thinking this movie was in the 1990's or early 2000's, and I don't remember any huge cast members. If anyone can help me out, I'd be really grateful.

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah; that's it! Thank you! It actually has more of a sentimental value to me than anything else. Much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sisukas
Recent bookmarks