PLEASE HELP ME - - DPI iVision HD-7???

Discussion in 'Displays' started by MarcoBiscotti, Mar 30, 2005.

1. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

I'm looking into purchasing Digital Projection's iVision HD-7 front projector and have read the specs online at projectorcentral.com and projectorsprojectors.com but for whatever reason... I cannot find an online distributor that selling these units anywhere let alone a price quote or most importantly... an online review of the projector!

Can anyone please tell me why this unit seems to be so obscure and moreover, where I might be able to find a review of the product so that I might actually be able to read up on it's quality and functions.

Has anyone on these forums ever experienced one or familiar with DPI's (Digital Projection International) projectors and whether it is a worthy addition to one's home theatre?

I'm working with a fairly high budget and am looking to spend in the approx. range of 8-11k for the best quality front projector available.

I was considering the Sharp XVZ-12000 DLP but I would like to compare it with the DPI iVision before making a final decision...

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I need information on the DPI iVision HD-7 and would like to get some feedback, opinions and suggestions before making up my mind!

PLEEEASE HELP ME OUT!

2. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

The Sharp has a better contrast ratio of 5500:1 (over 3000:1), but the iVision has a much higher max. resolution of 1600 x 1200 (over 1280 x 1024).

I'm not sure what to do here...

The iVision is also a much smaller and more convenient ceiling unit as it is quieter and takes up less space.

But Im not sure if the higher contrast or resolution is more important for me.

Also, can anyone please explain the difference between SXGA & UXGA in referance to pixels/resolution?

When watching movies on DVD with either unit, am I always going to be seeing the maximum resolution that the projector can display or does it depend on the DVD or source material I'm viewing?

Also, anyone familiar with either the Sharp model or DPI... are these projectors easily adaptable for varying aspect ratios and is it just a matter of using a zoom lens? If so, are there preset intervals for say academy standard, widescreen, scope, etc. and if there are, are there other options for framing exceptions?

PS - What's the difference between the Sharp XVZ-12000 and XVZ-12000U??