What's new

please help me decide between these 3 sets!! (1 Viewer)

joe_waite

Stunt Coordinator
hello, i've narrowed my choices down to these 3. i will be using the tv for xbox, dish network, and dvd's. it will be for my basement and i will be around 8-10 feet from the screen. here are my choices. please give your input on what you think. thanks!!!

pioneer sd533
hitachi 57uwx
toshiba 57hdx82

joe_waite

Stunt Coordinator
haha, sounds like we have a pioneer fan in here. any reason that you are so confident with your choice David? the only thing im worried about with the pioneer is the screen size. will a 53" be big enough for a basement? thanks!

AngeloR

Auditioning
Looks like you're looking at a price range of $2100 - $2800. What specific features are you looking for? Do you have a separate surround system or do the above TV's have an amp and DD/DTS decoder built in? Does the phrase "Bigger is better" apply to you? Have you looked at anything bigger than 57" or do you not have the room?

I ask this because I got the Sony 65" Widescreen TV (KP-65WS500). It's basic in a sense that it's a 65" rear-projection with 6 A/V inputs and 1 HDTV input, and a nice speaker system (the XBR model has a 300W amp and DD/DTS decoder built in). The only thing I was concerned with was one A/V input and the look of the picture! All my A/V components go through my amp. 2 wires go to the back of the TV - the power cord and the video. The picture is really great and I can't go back to my 32" (it's like working on a 19" monitor for awhile then going to a friend's with a 15" or 17")!

For the price of $3,000, the KP-65WS500 is really good! I put in another post that if you have a Fry's in your area, they have it on sale for $2,399 and recommend going to CC or Best Buy and do a price match +10%! The Fry's sale goes through Tuesday 11/19.

Make sure when you shop for your TV, you don't pay for things you don't need! I wanted size and clarity over features and sound, and this TV was right for me! Check it out if you get a chance!

DavidMich

Stunt Coordinator
Picture Quality is always the most important thing to me.
Yeah, bigger is always better, provided you have the room for it.
The Pioneers are generally regarded as having the absolute best "stretch modes", the best "line doubler" and don't suffer from the dreaded "red-push".
The build quality is better, too. (IMHO):)
Every forum seems to have their favorites, so I would suggest you gain additional information from several.
www.hometheaterspot.com has a RPTV forum that is split into manufacturers. You can check out each one individually and gain some wonderful insight.
By the way, almost every forum will compare RPTVs to the Pioneer Elite....they are the "benchmark" for performance.
(What does that tell you???)
And the non-Elites are damn near the same thing. The biggest difference is the cabinet.
Happy Shopping!!

joe_waite

Stunt Coordinator
i do have seperates, so sound is not an issue. i would love to get a 65", but yes price and space is an issue. i want to stay under $2500 and my basement is not huge, i would say about 13'X 20' or so?? ANY other recomendations would be very helpful as well. thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks