Please help me choose - JBL E10's or N24 II's?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by TommyB, Mar 24, 2004.

1. TommyB

TommyB Stunt Coordinator

I recently purchased a Yamaha RX-V1400 to replace a Kenwood HTIB. I decided to go with the JBL E90's for my mains and now want to replace the Kenwood surrounds.

The 1400 is capable of 7.1, so I am looking at either two pairs of the E10's or N24 II's. I can get the N24's for $75/pair and the E10's for $135/pair.

Any suggestion on getting one over the other?

2. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

From an aesthetic point of view, I'd take the E10s. As far as performance, I can't comment, except to say that there probably wouldn't be a large difference.

The E10s are available in beech and cherry finishes, if you don't want a black box hanging on the wall. I have the cherry and it looks very nice.

3. Shane K

Shane K Agent

I second the E10's. Essentially both the E10's and N24's are the same speaker, I just like the design of the E10 since it will be less obtrusive mounted to the wall.

On the other hand the N24's have pretty nifty brackets that allow you to angle and tilt the speaker. They work nice as a small stereo pair on a patio, bedroom, etc.

Kinger

4. TommyB

TommyB Stunt Coordinator

I have heard good things about the N24's, so i think I am going to go with them.

Plus, i'll save a little bit of money to put towards either a SVS or HSU sub!! [​IMG]