Please Help Me Choice Speakers For My New Receiver

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Kage, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Kage

Kage Stunt Coordinator

I bought a Yamaha HTR-5660 Receiver and the Yamaha NS-P436 Speaker Package. I am planning on returning the Speaker package next week because I don't like the the sound from them and I really have no use for an extra sub.

I would like to spend $600 for the speakers and I don't need a subwoofer, because I got a very good one. The place where I want to buy the speakers is Crutchfield. The color of speakers that I want should be in black. The height of speakers that I want is about 11" and not to bulky in width. The center speaker must not be bulky because I will put it on top of my 36" Sony HDTV. Any sugesstions?

2. Harold Wazzu

Harold Wazzu Supporting Actor

why from crutchfield? They are notoriously over-priced, you can find alot better deals on other sites.

3. Kage

Kage Stunt Coordinator

I got a $40 gift certificate from them and I want to use it. They are an authorized dealer, and I could pay over time in their no interest payment plan.

4. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

ELT system from av123.com
    They are getting great reviews and in that price range I doubt you will be able to beat them.

5. BobAlbano

BobAlbano Second Unit

I would agree with Mike here that the ELT package from www.av123.com is an incredible deal IMO. Good luck with your decision! [​IMG]

6. David Ruggiero

David Ruggiero Stunt Coordinator

If I was you I would go to jandr.com and get 2 pairs of Jbl 2-38's for $250 each ($500 total for 4 speakers) and then go to onecall.com for the s-center for around $150. For $550.00 I don't think you could beat this deal with anything Crutchfield has at a similar price. The S-38's might be a little big for you(11.5" High x 17.5" Wide and 11.75" Deep, weight 30 pounds), but they are outstanding speakers for the price. Save the Crutchfield gift certificate for something else. I have these exact speakers paired with a Sony sub and I love them with my HK-525. : )