What's new

Please Help Me Choice Speakers For My New Receiver (1 Viewer)

Kage

Stunt Coordinator
I bought a Yamaha HTR-5660 Receiver and the Yamaha NS-P436 Speaker Package. I am planning on returning the Speaker package next week because I don't like the the sound from them and I really have no use for an extra sub.

I would like to spend $600 for the speakers and I don't need a subwoofer, because I got a very good one. The place where I want to buy the speakers is Crutchfield. The color of speakers that I want should be in black. The height of speakers that I want is about 11" and not to bulky in width. The center speaker must not be bulky because I will put it on top of my 36" Sony HDTV. Any sugesstions?

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
why from crutchfield? They are notoriously over-priced, you can find alot better deals on other sites.

Kage

Stunt Coordinator
I got a $40 gift certificate from them and I want to use it. They are an authorized dealer, and I could pay over time in their no interest payment plan.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
ELT system from av123.com
They are getting great reviews and in that price range I doubt you will be able to beat them.

David Ruggiero

Stunt Coordinator
If I was you I would go to jandr.com and get 2 pairs of Jbl 2-38's for $250 each ($500 total for 4 speakers) and then go to onecall.com for the s-center for around $150. For $550.00 I don't think you could beat this deal with anything Crutchfield has at a similar price. The S-38's might be a little big for you(11.5" High x 17.5" Wide and 11.75" Deep, weight 30 pounds), but they are outstanding speakers for the price. Save the Crutchfield gift certificate for something else. I have these exact speakers paired with a Sony sub and I love them with my HK-525. : )

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks