What's new

Please help in deciding between Denon 3808 Vs Onkyo 876 (1 Viewer)

siva

Auditioning
Real Name
Siva Padisetty
The factors that I care about are: Good Audio, Video upconversion to hdmi (I want to run only one cable from receiver to TV). I watch lot of movies, also listen to music.

If I understand it right, Onkyo has dynamic audio levelling so that ads won't sound louder, which is good.

Networking is good, but not required because I am using xbox to access my audio.

I searched the internet and can't find comparisons with 876.

Thanks in adance.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I doubt you will find much in the way of comparisons yet. The Onkyo 876 is just too new, and a generation more recent than the 3808. There are plenty of comparisons between the 3808 and the 875, though. They're quite close in performance. I would give the edge in video conversion to the Onkyo. Both the 3808 and the 876 support Audyssey Dynamic Volume as far as I know.

Adam

siva

Auditioning
Real Name
Siva Padisetty
I don't think Audyssey Dynamic Volume comes by default in 3808. I think we need to pay more to get this functionality, not sure how expensive it is.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Yes, it's part of a firmware upgrade (for features, the stability upgrades are free) due next month. I'm not sure what the exact cost is, but not cheap (100 Euros in Europe or ~US$150 when announced back at the end of June).

Adam

marcIs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
marc turcotte
i am looking at the same 875 all i can find is one review at cnet, and it does not look to good i posted my own question about this amp. if you decide to go with the onkyo pls let me know your reasons. i was looking at the yamaha htr6091. sorry i did not answer your question, just wanted to let you know that your not the only one going nuts over this problem.

Adam

Stunt Coordinator
what I would be concerned about is if the new onkyo models still run hot. That is why I stayed away from the 805,875,905.

marcIs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
marc turcotte
ha siva just to let you know i just went to my loco store and placed the order for the 876. i will have this wednesday and it set up by friday in can post bck to you later and let you know how this performs if you want. all the specs i looked at told me this was the one to go with.ps dont forget to look at the hdmi cables that will cary the right sig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Righ
Recent bookmarks