What's new

Please help identify a programme (1 Viewer)

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
I know, another tiresome request for help!

I am trying to find the title of something I saw on television maybe twenty years ago. As best I can recall, it was a pilot for a series which didn't get picked up, or possibly a miniseries. I thought it might have been called Vanguards, and that it might have had something to do with Disney, but I couldn't find it in an IMDb search under the (supposed) title or under Wonderful World of Disney.

Whatever it was, it aired on network television in the US sometime between 1984 and 1990. Genre was science-fiction/juvenile adventure. The plot concerned a starship launched from Earth, which I think was on the brink of ecological catastrophe. The ship was the last of some small number, and was being sent out to search for signs of the previous expeditions, all of which had vanished without a trace, and because it would take many years to reach its destination it was crewed by children. It turns out that the previous ships were victims of sabotage, which the crew of this ship just manage to keep from destroying them. Afterwards I think they have some kind of adventures in exotic alien worlds.

Does this ring a bell with anyone? If it exists in any form I would love to see it again.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Definately sounds like Earth Star Voyager.

I actually still have the mini series I recorded off of television. The tape has definately seen better days and is barely watchable.

Highlights include the captain floating away in space after the airlock is blown, and the enemy cyborg that looks like a bad Michael Jackson impersonator.

cheers!

Josh

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
I guess that's it, then. Drat! I was hoping to find something which was actually available for viewing in some form — this doesn't even seem to have had a Japanese LaserDisc. :frowning: Anyway, thanks for the help.

Jamie Doucette

Stunt Coordinator
Earth Star Voyager has been on the Family Channel a few times this past year, although I believe it was heavily edited to fit the time slot. If you check the family channel listings periodicly, you might catch it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation192
Recent bookmarks