What's new

PLEASE HELP, I think my HK AVR-125 just died :( (1 Viewer)

Rogozhin

Stunt Coordinator
Get it back-with the service invoice-and sell it as is on ebay or in your local paper-and buy a unit that is NOT HK.

I did that after the little bit of grief I had with them-and now I'm happy.

goodluck man

rogo

BurtS

Stunt Coordinator
Mines also shuts off as stated in my other thread. I was not aware that 95% of harman kardans crap is defective and considered to me as rubbish:thumbsdown:

Jamie T

Auditioning
Count me in with the "shutting off" problem. Same as you guys. It plays fine for awhile (and sounds great), but then make a screeching noise, after which it shuts itself down and flickers the power indicator light. I will call Harman Kardon and see what's up, but I hope they can fix it.
But I think Robert PP has the best point - They may sound great when they work, but if they don't work, H/K is going to start losing customers fast. I'll update you guys on how may story ends...

BurtS

Stunt Coordinator
Can someone Post the 1800 number on the warranty card or in the instructions. I sent mines back for replacement but forgot to write down the number. Now its been couple of week and no replacement and I would like to call them.

Jamie T

Auditioning
The only number I could find on the website for US customers (don't know if that's you) is 516-255-HKHK. It lists an 800 number only for Canadian customers: 1-800-567-3275 (but says it really only works within Canada.

Good luck! I called them about my AVR125, and they told me to send it back. I did, and now I'm waiting for my replacement...

Steve Adams

Second Unit
AHHHH, the wonderful H/K saga. I have been saying this problems exists for quite some time....and look at the list of people here.....to all looking at h/k LOOK ELSEWHERE.

Good luck to the people unfortunate enough to have purchased an H/K product....

on the up side I have not heard of any problems from the 7200 model...so if you really want an hk, look at that model. may be the good apple in a bunch of rottens.

Jamie T

Auditioning
Well, I got my AVR125 replacement yesterday. At first the damn thing wouldn't even turn on! It just sat there with the indicator light showing a faint green. I moved it around a bit, and suddenly the light goes to yellow and it turns on. Weird. Since then, it seems to be fine, but i'll listen for a while to make sure it doesn't do anything else weird.

Jamie T

Auditioning
Well, the problem I mentioned above continues. Sometimes is turns on very easily, sometimes I have to screw around with it for 5 minutes before I can get it turned on. Once its on, it shows no problems, but if I can't turn it on, its a problem!! I'm calling HK today for my second exchange. All I want is a receiver that works! When they work, they work great, and I love their sound. I will definitely not buy a "remanufactured" HK again, but their good support (so far for me) will keep them as an option for future upgrades. But I will also look elsewhere, as this seems rather ridiculous. Oh well. I will keep you updated...

Jamie T

Auditioning
Back again with another update:

I got my third AVR125-z last week. I was hesitant to set it up, but I figured they couldn't send me three defective units, could they? Well, yes, they could. The receiver was well packaged by the manufacturer, plugged it in, pushed the standby button, the little indicator flickers. I do manage to turn it on to watch a single movie (and not even a good one: wife's choice) and turn the receiver off. Indicator flickers rapidly, and the receiver never turns on again.
I suppose this shouldn't be surprising, as I checked the Serial number. They had repacked the second receiver and sent it right back to me. Wow. Needless to say, I was Pissed Off.
I called HK today and they agreed to send me a 130, most likely refurbished. Hopefully the model change will get me a functional unit. This is absolutely ridiculous, and I will never, ever buy another HK refurb. The only thing keeping me interested in HK is there customer support. So far, they have been willing to try and fix the problems. I will keep you updated...

Jamie T

Auditioning
Well, my story has a happy ending (so far). I was sent an AVR130 as a replacement for three bad AVR125-z's. The 130 was seemingly brand new, and has worked great. NOt only does it actually work (all I really cared about) but it has some feature upgrades - Neo 6 (no idea what it does) and actual bass crossover settings. H/K saved me as a customer, and while I will never buy a refurb from them, I will consider them for my future upgrades. Good luck to others still having problems - it seems like talking to someone on the phone gets better results than email.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks