Please Help... I need to know which direct view to get..

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Jenkins, Dec 20, 2001.

1. Jeff Jenkins

Jeff Jenkins Auditioning

I am sortof in a bind and need to know what direct view set you guys recommend for around $5,000. The situation is that my mom went behind my back and purchased a Loewe Aconda 38'' and we are somewhat unsatisfied with it. It also has problems with the Sony 9000ES using progressive mode. Instead of coming to me to do the research she trusted a salesman :-(

Bottom line is that If we are going to try and exchange it for another set, we need to do it VERY soon. If anyone has a recommendation for a direct view set in this price range, that is preferibly 16:9, supports 720p and has a VGA (RGB) input, please let me know. I'm open to all options however.. Sorry for the double posts. Thanks.

2. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    Sony, Panasonic, and Toshiba all make good 34" 16:9 direct view sets. I was looking at the panasonic myself. I'm not exactly sure if those have what you need though.

3. Jeff Jenkins

Jeff Jenkins Auditioning

I have read good things about the panasonic 34'' 16:9 too. I guess the question is does it support 720p and does it have a VGA input? Anyone know? I called Sony and they said that thier 34'' 16:9 direct view TV DOES support 720p, but does not have a VGA input.