PLEASE HELP; Green picture on pt-ae100, both with component and s-video. is it dead??

Discussion in 'Displays' started by dummedanne, Aug 6, 2006.

1. dummedanne

dummedanne Auditioning

please help me out....

Just bought a used projektor to see if its something that id like. if so im planning to buy something better..

anyway, i just hooked up the projektor and the component from my pioneer dvd-585a looked like it had a green filter on it.. i tried to change some settings but it didnt get better, so i changed to S-video from computer and then from the DVD. But it looks all the same. GREEN..

when i run the classic windows xp background the entire image looks green (or you could call it blue with a green filter over it), except for the last cm (on a 200 cm wide screen) on the sides, they looked pretty blue. i can see other coulours its just that its this strong filter over it.
    when i try to change coulour settings in the meny of the projector and dvd, almost nothing really happens.

when i change entirely to red in the settings of my dvd i can almost not see any difference. I havent found any setting for video/rgb.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, here comes some more info, this should help a lot I hope!

i checked the service meny.
    there i could show red, green blue and white coulour. The red and the green worked fine, the full image showed the coulours.
    but when i choose white it looks like its a green filter over it, except for the last 5 cm on the edges, thats white.
    when i choose the blue, ita no coulor at all (same as when the project is turned of) except for the last 5 cm on the edges thats blue.

please let me know if you have any ideas of whats wrong.
    Thank you very much!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

Blue polarizer filter failure. It needs to be replaced. It is worn out. These filters are also consumables on the LCD projectors.

Regards

3. dummedanne

dummedanne Auditioning

where can i buy a new Blue polarizer filter. ive heard they are £100 and thats to much to spend on this old projector.. maybe there are cheaper brands, copies etc? thank you very much for your answer!!

4. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

Panasonic USA sells them for about $90 each ... but you only need the blue one.

Regards